Marketing & Communications Manager
Application Dates: Jan 3rd to Jan 17th, 2023
Work Location: Calgary Warehouse, Unit 115, 11769 40th Street SE
*some remote work available, but primarily onsite*
Start Date: Flexible (mid to late January preferred)
Dream Job Alert
We're looking to hire a part time to full time Marketing & Communications Manager to join our sweet team! This is a dream job for someone who is a creative self-starter that loves promoting small business and getting down to the nitty gritty of what keeps customers engaged! You are an ideas person who isn't afraid to think outside of the box and has an eye for design. You can follow processes but also look to optimize job tasks in an organized way when you see the opportunity.
20 to 35 hours weekly to strategize, execute and optimize all of The Sugar Cube's marketing efforts as well as be the primary person responsible for customer communications via email, social media and our online chat.
- fun, exciting career opportunity for someone looking for a job that involves a ton of sweetness and lots of creative freedom while learning and honing in on new skill sets
- open to people looking for part time employment (must be able to do at least 20 hours per week - primarily Monday through Friday with some weekend work required)
- open to people looking for full-time employment (available up to 35 hours per week - primarily Monday through Friday with some weekend work required)
- must have previous marketing experience either through education or various work experience positions and are very familiar with programs like: GMail, Shopify, Canva, Hootsuite, MailChimp, Instagram and Facebook Ads.
Content Creation - Responsible for the creation of all content including social media posts, blogs, website sliders, newsletters, brochures etc. that actively promote the business and support the sales team in their efforts.
Social Media Management - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn management. Strategizing and planning content as well as scheduling posts, interacting with followers and reporting on the results.
Graphic Design - Basic graphic design skills required for content creation. Professional training is an asset but not required, however working knowledge of basic design programs such as Canva is required.
Partnerships - Responsible for seeking out and maintaining various external partnerships including our Sugar Sweeties, promotions/giveaways, stylized photoshoots etc.
Website Product Listing Management - Responsible for creating and updating product listings on the website to ensure they are creative, accurate, informative, and well written with SEO and user experience as top of mind.
Photo Management - Taking and uploading new product and event photos to The Sugar Cube's Digital Asset Management System and keeping them organized and optimized.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is the primary person responsible for customer communication via website chat, social media, as well as email and internally to our team. They are to ensure all communications are professional, timely, and accurate.
Quoting - responding to requests and follow ups in a professional and timely manner - keeping quotes and follow ups organized and prioritized
Customer Service - responding to web chat, email inquiries, DMs within our communication standards and can optimize processes around these tasks
Collaboration - must be able to work with Owner and Warehouse Manager to transfer information and ideas, strategizing products and promotions and keeping on top of knowledge transfer between the executive team
Community - actively seeks opportunities that fit to spread our name, and is a thoughtful member of the small business community.
- Must have reliable transport. We are not closely located to bus routes.
- Must have at least 2 to 4+ years of marketing experience - either through education or various work experience positions.
- Must be familiar with programs like: Gmail, Shopify, Canva, Hootsuite, MailChimp, Instagram, Facebook Ads ext.
- Must be able to work 20 to 35 hours - primarily Monday through Friday, with some weekend work required.
- Experience using programs like: Adobe Suite, Asana, Slack, AirTables is an asset. Please mention these programs if you have great working knowledge of them and have used them extensively in the past.
- Graphic Design or Photography skills is a huge asset, please mention this in your application if they are applicable to you.
Our ideal candidate...
- Loves candy and creating fun and engaging ways to capture the attention of our audience while having an eye for design
- Thinks outside of the box with fresh ideas and is very familiar with the marketing landscape (technology, strategy, ideas)
- Is a self starter and can run with their ideas and can manage their time well
- Is collaborative and works well with the owner and other team members to generate and execute on ideas and campaigns
- Is a teamplayer and open to supporting other areas of the business if needed and always open to feedback
- Is organized and follows process well, but can also optimize processes where needed and add value through their ideas
- Loves working and connecting with small businesses and building relationships within the community
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Flexible Schedule
- Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Fun Corporate Culture
- Lots of Learning and Professional Development Opportunities
- Candy Perks - and lots of them!