Valentine's Day is over and we wanted to share a few STATS from our candy sales! We love seeing all the candy that exchanges hands, spreading the love in YYC!
Didn't get enough candy this holiday? We have a steady supply ready to make its way into your hands or someone you love! Who says giving candy is just for Valentine's Day?
A list that doesn’t include dinner and a movie.
Valentine’s Day falls on a Sunday this year. Which means, most people have the whole day off to hang out with their loved one(s) and celebrate. So, we thought why not do something more fun than just a dinner and a movie?
There are so many SWEET ideas we wanted to share with you!
Fondue is such a social activity! Which is why it is fun on Valentine’s Day! Instead of chatting over a boring meal – make it a little more exciting with fondue! Turn a date night into an exciting activity, or bring your kids who will love it too!
Get a fondue set at a local store to try it at home. Or visit Laurier Lounge here in YYC!
It is still the winter season and there are so many fun activities to enjoy! Valentines day is the perfect time to grab your partner, friends or your kids for a fun day of tobogganing.
Then, when you’re all tired and cold, go back home for some delicious hot chocolate. A perfect addition to this plan – grab some Sugar Cube candy of course!
Who says Valentine’s Day has to be only a partner activity? Maybe have a few couple’s or a few girlfriends over to celebrate! Have some games and Valentines themed cocktails ready (along with a candy overdose of course).
Maybe – play a few games with a love theme involved!
Make dinner together instead of going out! There is something about putting in the work, and bonding over the process that makes it taste SO much better!
Maybe even get your little ones, or a friend to help you bake some cookies for dessert!
If you haven’t been to one of these nights yet – you are missing out! It is a great bonding experience! Drink wine and get creative with paint night!
You can either get supplies to do it at home or check out Paint Nite – where you can find one going on near you!
These are only a few sweet and memorable ideas to make Valentine’s Day 2016 the best one yet! If you have any other ideas to do at home, or in the Calgary area please share them with us!
And, remember - to grab your Sugar Cube candy, for that extra sweetness! Check our our Valentine's Day 2016 collection here!
Some things are just better together - like peanut butter and jam, cookies and milk, or candy and flowers! There is nothing comparable to receiving a beautiful arrangement of flowers followed by a sweet treat to savor. They just go! It has been the perfect gift for decades – and now The Sugar Cube and Flower Chix are giving it a freshly-sweet YYC twist by offering complimenting combo packages!
5 reasons why adding a sweet treat to your candy bouquet is a good idea:
1) It is unique and memorable – everyone has a childhood memory associated with candy – it has a way of bringing about nostalgic memories and thoughts of sweet celebrations. It is a truly unique way to show someone you care, because let’s be honest, everyone gives chocolate – think outside the box!
2) Everyone likes a gift you can eat – there is something fun about being able to indulge in a gift the moment you receive it! You just received a sweet little package that someone thought of sending you, because you deserve it. So kick off your heels, sit down, and enjoy it!
3) Everyone likes a gift you can share (or not!) – Candy is the perfect gift to receive in a work setting – you can politely share a small piece with co-workers and then pack the rest away to consume yourself. While the saying, ‘You don’t make friends with salad’ might be true – you absolutely make friends with candy.
4) It makes the gift last longer – well, it has the potential to anyways. Let’s be honest, this is likely not true. Although candy has a longer shelf life it is likely to be consumed within minutes of getting it – so forget we said this.
5) Because you can’t kill candy – Women LOVE getting flowers, because they are gorgeous and make them feel special. Now, you can extend that feeling for a longer period of time by pairing flowers with their best sidekick – candy!
You no longer have to choose between giving flowers OR candy, you can give the best of both worlds – and truly sweeten someone’s day! The Sugar Cube and Flower Chix are now offering these delectable combinations:
The Sugar Coated Bunch
A perfect wedding gift or a big CONGRATS! This includes a striking arrangement of Bells of Ireland, colorful roses, alstromeria and tropical greenery with a Gigantic 1kg Candy Gram - overflowing with a mixture of bulk candy, both sweet and sour – this gift is truly perfect to share with anyone!
$80 - Buy Me!
Mega Candied Bouquet
This is the MEGA gift! For someone very special, a Christmas gift, or for an office team! It features a a stunning bouquet of lush dendrobium orchids, hot pink roses, mini green hydrangea in unique design sure to catch anyone’s eye, accompanied by a Sugar Cube Candy Basket: a unique gift filled with all sorts of retro sweet treats, imported chocolate, hard to find sodas, and old school penny candy!
$105 - Buy Me!